Thursday 20 November 2008

My Schedule




I notice Irene is going on a schedule, and I think this is a very good idea.

I am trying to do something similar. I have a large diary which I use to plan my year. I was looking at ones in past years and they are full of detail and things which I was doing, but this year's is virtually blank which is not good so my aim for the rest of this year is to get it full of daily activities for myself.

I am in the lucky position of not needing to work for money now, though in the past I had to. My last job finished three years ago, which I had for a year. It was very hard work, but I enjoyed it, biked there and back, and was exhausted at the end of the day. I actually wanted to leave as they wanted me to work weekends, when Mark was trialing, but I said I couldn't, so they actually made an exception for me because I was a good worker. A feather to my cap!

The time when I was happiest, and I think everyone is happy, is when they are being busy and useful and going all-out for a cause. I was happy when I was bringing up my kids, but now they don't need so much attention, and have lives and friends of their own, I just aimlessly walk the dog and read the paper and do a little desultory housework.

I have started a little volunteer work in Scope, and am going for an interview in Hull for more volunteer work. My aim is to get every waking minute of the day filled with activity. In the past I used to get up in the morning and jog round the park, so I have started to do that again. I had to stop jogging because old Tess couldn't keep up anymore, but now I can start doing that again.
I need to find a cause and get busy. It's all about getting out into the real world again.

5 comments:

lebanesa said...

You're right.
I find - when I do it - that lists are really useful - otherwise I have a tendency (horrible or lovely - depending on point of view) to drift through my days with intentions of doing things and nothing much achieved. Generally I have done lots of odd things, but none of the things I wanted to do or needed to do - so yesterday, instead of finishing sorting out the workroom, I made a delicious Dutch apple cake and some chocolate chip muffins...
Schedules, lists and the rest are the way to go. I do usually lose my lists too... LOLZ - hopeless.
Good luck with it anyway Bev. Getting out will be good for you - Though I am a troglodyte myself, I am not alone much, as my Mum and John (huggy hubby not Mora!) are at home a lot as well.

bigbikerbob said...

Hi, Your very lucky to be in the financial position you are in, so do make the most of your "My" time. We find as we get older our calendar seems to just fill,possibly because everything seems to take a lot longer as you get older.We do a bit in the community, also keep our selves busy taking photographs,walking, Bird watching,Caravaning,Sight seing and of course blogging.During this Winter we are trying to decorate after the building disruptions of the summer.

Irene said...

Good for you, Bev. You've got the right attitude. I find that making a schedule and not sticking to it is not a big disaster either. I thought it would be at first, but it's not, as long as the intentions are there. It's how well you get through the day that counts in the end.

lebanesa said...

Love the photos by the way. I think John could make a good collage of your diary.

Anonymous said...

frances, i am running late - save my supper. i also will need a foot rub..

john