Wednesday 2 January 2008

Two Things Challenge Home/Health







It's the third pic and was our New Year's dinner. It could have been the second, but as you can see, the subjects aren't taking this seriously or cooperating, although it appears that Jack is making an imaginary toast in a silly way. I think they are making their feeling plain about me taking endless photos over Christmas. (Famous i-pod recharging on the windowsill after much use.) There are some pictures of bits of logs (which we normally use for our fire) which the kids have been decorating in an Xmasy way. Fourth pic shows the back of the famous Holly (with the pony tail) - I won't take a pic from the front as it's not fair putting pics of other people's kids on the net. First pic, I'm just pleased with as my camera has a second delay but I got this picture from our backdoorstep just at the very moment of cascade.
I don't think you can beat a sit-down family meal as a symbol of home, and neither can you a beat a traditional meat and two veg roast dinner for health.

11 comments:

Bobbie said...

Lovely photos of home and health. The roast and vegetables are healthy, it is the gravy that is not. teehee. That is the part I like best. Your table looks wonderful.

Bev said...

lol Bobbie

This traditional roast dinner consists of turkey (which is healthy), and perhaps is healthier when people used to be more active and in a cold climate (which applies to here at the moment). I go for lots of dog walks and it is snowing lol

Debi said...

LOL Bev. Justifying gravy, are we?

Oooooo I love these pictures. Snoopy ol' thing that I am, I love looking at your home.

And now I can't stop chuckling. First, Jack's expression. Hm. We've seen that exact impish expression somewhere else, haven't we BEV? And second, look. Who's that hiding under the table??? Another little stinker!

Looks like a fabulous New Year's celebration. You know how to do it right with the wine, those cracker things (can't think of what they are called just at the moment), and a hot from the oven, ahem, HEALTHY roast.

Beautiful dining room set, too by the way. I love the decorated logs and am making a mental note to do the same next year.

Debi said...

Just looked at the pictures again. Really lovely, Bev. Thank you for "inviting us in."

Debi said...

Bev, (yes, it's me again.) Would you email me so I can have your email? I have an intriguing proposal for you.

debimailbox-blog2007@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Great table....are those real poppin' "crackers" I see on your table?!?

Faye said...

I also love the home and hearth photos that everyone shares on their blogs. Recently purchased a digital camera and am receiving regular Geek Squad lessons--not a fast learner, but I do have a cute 4-legged subject to encourage me. got him in his New Year's tiara.

All the best in '08 Bev.

Bev said...

Sandollar, Debi - yes they are 'popping crackers'. Everyone uses them round here. Funny to think you don't use them, I thought everyone did!

Irene said...

It's good to finally see you back again, Bev. I was getting a bit worried about you, but I did see your comments on the other blogs, so I knew you were okay.

Lovely dinner you've got there on the table. Are you all done with the holidays now? Are you as tired of them as everyone else seems to be?

Happy New Year and all the best for 2008. May all your wishes come true.

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Lovely looking meal and family time Bev! I love the way you captured the warm glow of the candles. There's something really special about candles on the table. Last year a lightbulb blew and we ate by candle light for 2 weeks until I finally remebered to buy a bulb. Not so sure it was a genuine forget though! It was really nice.
This year was only the 2nd time I have had Turkey and I did enjoy it! Why is it we leave such a wonderful meat till christmas?
Anyway, thanks for sharing and giving me and Debi the chance to be nosey!
Lisa :)

dianeclancy said...

Hi Beverly,

It is great fun to see your home, family and life! Thank you for sharing them.

Turkey works for me .. I'll be over.

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog