Tuesday 8 May 2007

Double Bass

I have got a double bass from school to play in the orchestra. My Mum suggested we volunteered for this instrument and not the cello as it would sound better when I was practising and the bass line of the orchestra is simpler to play than the higher pitched instruments so I wouldn't have to practise as much anyway. We listened on the internet to see what a double bass sounded like and heard one playing 'Twinkle, twinkle little star'. I was a bit put off as it sounded a bit low and funny and we were laughing.

It took three people to carry my double bass home from school and people stopped to stare. I played it with Holly on the recorder and asked to go busking but since my Mum and Dad have signed an agreement to pay £250 if it gets broken they said no.

I saw Mrs Prosser my music teacher visiting her sister who lives next door and stood at our window with my double bass and she gave the double thumbs up sign.

No comments: