Wednesday 29 August 2007

Summer Washout


Here is a poem I have written to enter Fawzan's competition which I have found out about from reading all the other blogs in our disparate but talented circle of blogging poets!
SUMMER WASHOUT
If on this summer evening
The rain begins to fall
Just look around your garden
The plants are growing tall
The diamond drops on velvet leaf
Adorn the branches of the tree
The spider's web shines with the dew
He's spun his own lace filigree
Just one thing missing, the clouds a-glower
But there's its face in the tall sunflower
Patience Strong, eat your heart out!

7 comments:

lebanesa said...

That is lovely.
Isn't it amazing how it's possible to do all these things suddenly? I haven't tried to write a poem since I was about 15! LOL

Bobbie said...

Frances, encouragement that's what we have and challenge to stretch ourselves and friendship to warm our hearts.

Beverly, I love your poem. So simple and easy to enjoy, with a great ending!

Irene said...

Beverley, are you making sure Fawzan knows about this poem? He really should read it and one of those paintings would look lovely in your house.

Irene said...

Beverley, one more thing, you better not seriously consider quiting this blog. You would be missed way too much by us, so don't do it! Promise!

Bev said...

Thank you all for your comments! I won't quit but I might have a little break to do more things that I can write about as there is not a lot happening here at the minute and I can't get on the computer because of Runescape!

Bev said...

Frances, your poem was great about your experiences in Lebanon but I didn't have time to write a comment last time and I can't seem to get on your blog. Have you gone all private?

lebanesa said...

No, I haven't gone private Bev. Not sure why you can't get on there. If you go directly there to http://holycarpet.blogspot.com/ you should be able to get in. Then if you save it in your Favourites you can go there directly. There is something strange about the link from my name - it seems to go to my profile now. I will try and sort it out. Don't go too quiet on us, though Bev. Your dry sense of humour keeps us cheery. Know what you mean about Runescape - maybe once the kids are back at school you'll get a bit more time on the computer.