Tuesday 30 October 2007

An accident waiting to happen






Today I spent some time scrubbing the carpet after spilling some tea on the it. What happened is that everyone was watching 'Top Gear' on Sunday and 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' was on. I walked in and heard Jeremy Clarkson say that the star who was going to drive round the race track as fast as possible was a member of The Rolling Stones. From the build-up I thought it must be Keith Richards and in my haste to get in front of the TV set spilt all my tea. It turned out to be Ronnie Woods. I didn't clean the carpet yesterday as the kids were still off school and I was still looking after them.


5 comments:

Irene said...

Eduard loves to watch Top Gear even though I think Jeremy Clarkson is a bit of a car Nazi. He tells you too much what you are supposed to like and not like. But it is a fun show and if you don't mind the snide remarks and the bossy tone of voice, it is enjoyable. I guess you have to look through the tough outer layer to see the soft core inside. Jeremy's inner pit. Did you see the show where he traced his ancestors? That was interesting.

Bev said...

I certainly did, Sweet Irene. His ancestors were industrialists who had to close their factory because of intervention from early environmentalists. I don't think Jeremy Clarkson was very pleased about this as he is a great defender of cars against the environmentalists. I don't think he would have participated in Blog Action Day! I think he is a bit of a car Nazi too and has been responsible for lost sales in certain car companies, perhaps unfairly and wields a lot of power in that respect. However, I think he is very funny and have quite a few of his books.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Beverly,

What is going on? You changed your name!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog

Bev said...

Diane, I thought 'Eleanor's Blog' was a bit boring and not very accurate so I decided to have a planetary theme, inspired by the picture on my header. It is more accurate because on occasions people have said that I live on another planet, and maybe sometimes my postings reflect that fact. I certainly freaked out Flowerpot a few posts ago....

Debi said...

I like your new blog name. I enjoy those who aren't afraid for their orbits to be a bit wobbly and out of kilter. It suits you nicely, Beverley.

I have no idea who or what is a Top Gear, but it sounds like you guys across the pond enjoy it.