Sunday 28 October 2007

Two Things Challenge Poetic/Prosaic


When I was taking pics today I got a bit fed up about the number of my scenic pics that were spoiled by rubbishy, prosaic things. In the last post I couldn't take a proper pic of a pretty cobbled street because it had massive double yellow lines down it.
Here is another case in point. A poetic coastal scene through an archway messed up by somebody leaving a prosaic metal fence and various other rubbishy items. In the distance can be seen three white pyramids, an arresting sight in the bay. It is actually the 'Sea Life Centre' where you can take a closer look at some of the marine life swimming in the sea .

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

Love your representation of Poetic/Prosaic. I see these type of examples every day and am always trying to see through them!

Bobbie said...

I must admit that I thought you would write a haiku for the poetic part of the challenge. One thing I am learning about you is that you are not predictable! This is good. Keep 'em guessing he he.

dianeclancy said...

Hi Beverly -

Great entry!! Really shows the poetic and prosaic - I am glad you captured both in one.

And I am with you on the rubbish disgust!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.dianeclancy.com/blog